1. How long have you and your significant other been together?
Depends on how you count I suppose.
It all started in 1999, our freshman year of high school, when we had English and Typing together. I was head over heels from right about day 1 and he was not interested, though he’ll tell you otherwise if you ask today 😉 So if you count from there 13 years.
We first dated for about a week our sophomore year of high school and broke up because a good friend of mine liked him and I felt really bad(gotta love high school drama). So if you count from there 12 years.
We went out on our first “official” date May 24, 2002 when I was 16 and finally allowed to date. This is where I usually count from. We’ll be at 10 years this year and holding our first baby… if she’s on time!
2. How did you meet?
In high school. I’m sure we’d seen each other plenty before then because we went to school together since 4th grade, but we’d never met. I’d actually never heard of him until the summer before freshman year when he went on a blind, double date with a girl I danced with as a favor to a friend. Before the date she asked me if I knew him and I said, “nope.” She wasn’t his type and that’s probably about all he’d want me to say. I brought it up when I talked to him for the first time though so that was my in.
3. How long have you been married?
We’ll be married 4 years on June 14 this year.
4. Where did you get married at?
Lake Mary Events Center in Lake Mary, FL
Big or small wedding?
If I’d had my way it would have been small and way under 100 people. Unfortunately, my family is HUGE (that’s not the unfortunate part) and the small wedding idea flew right out the door. There were A LOT of people I would have loved to invite that I just wasn’t able to because the numbers were up there just in family.
5. Do you have any nick-names that you call one another?
We both typically stick to babe or baby. We both know we’re in trouble if we get called by our first names because we NEVER use them.
6. Name 3 things you love most about your honey.
– He’s caring and thoughtful and has more love to give than most guys put together
– He’s funny… he thinks of thing so quickly and so randomly that I spend my time trying to figure out how his brain works.
– He’s my best friend. We’d rather be with each other than with anyone else. We don’t have to do anything special, we just like spending time together.
7. Tell us how he proposed?
We take the dogs to this park to go hiking and walking and one day we were there just laying on a blanket in this big open area letting the dogs run and play frisbee and David mentioned how pretty is was outside. I agreed and then he said, “it would be a pretty day to get engaged wouldn’t it?” and again I agreed. Then he said something like “do you want to get engaged today?” and I said, “if you don’t have a ring I’m going to be upset!” because he was teasing me. So he had me close my eyes and when I opened them there he was holding my ring. We were talking about that day recently and I told him it was very “us” and it really was. Totally perfect!
8. Is he a flowers and teddy bear kind of guy for v-day, or strawberries, champagne, and rose petals?
He is totally sweet and romantic all year, but we don’t do much for Valentine’s Day. I love flowers, but he knows I would die if he actually ordered them from somewhere and they cost more than $10. He’s really good about bringing pretty ones from the store. He also knows that candy is the way to go for me!
9. Are you a sunset dinner on the beach kind of girl, or pop a movie in and relax on the couch?
Both, just depends.
10. Tell us one thing you’d like to do with your significant one day. If you could do anything? Go anywhere?
We both want to do more traveling. New Zealand, Italy, Greece, Hawaii and Moorea are on the list and I’d take any one of them.
11. Tell us what you plan on doing on this Valentine’s Day.
It’s on a Tuesday this year so we have work in the morning and I’m pretty darn pregnant so it’ll be REALLY low-key I’m assuming. Last year we cooked dinner together and I really liked that. Not having to fight a crowd at a restaurant was awesome so I’d be up for a repeat!
12. Are you asking for anything this Valentine’s day?
13. Give us one piece of advice of keeping a relationship strong and full of love.
Make God the center of your relationship and don’t focus on yourself. If you both spend your time making the other person happy you’ll both be happy. I guess that’s 2 pieces of advice.