Musings on the Weekly Photo(s):
– hellooo butt I didn’t used to have
– I look not happy/unamused so this is definitely not one of my better pictures.
Marination Time: 25 weeks 5 days
– did you catch the part where it says 100 days left! Tomorrow I fall into the double digits!
Weight Gain: Officially afraid of the scale. Hopefully still hanging around 20 pounds, but I’m not sure. I’ll consider weighing myself for next week 😉
Maternity Clothes: Old Navy actually had some really cute shirts for Spring so I bought a bunch of those. Waiting for them to get here though so I’m not sure of the in person verdict.
Fruit of the Week/Size of Guppy: An eggplant! She’s about 1.5 pounds and 13.5 inches. Her uterus space is about the size of a soccer ball now… awesome. So, eggplant actually seems pretty acurate in my opinion. On a totally unrelated note, I’ve never held, cooked, eaten an eggplant before and it was much softer than I expected, almost spongy… interesting.
I did some googling to try and wrap my head around the size of the baby living in my body and just a for reference type thing this is a 25 week old preemie. About what Guppy would look like if she were born now.
I think the Pepsi bottle is a little misleading because it’s so much closer to the camera but you get the idea… tiny, but totally a baby!
Movement: Her kicks are getting really high and that just feels crazy. I feel like they should all be contained below my belly button, but that’s just not happening. Not kidding, at night it looks like she’s trying to break out.
Cravings: um… sauerkraut? I NEVER eat this, but lately I’ve wanted a rueben or a something with saurkraut all over it. I haven’t caved because honestly I’m pretty sure that in my normal life I DON’T like it, but I think about it all the time. Someone help me please.
– I have officially started to lose the ability to see the bottom of my stomach… makes the search for strech marks more difficult.
– It’s getting uncomfortable, almost painful depending on what’s required, to bend over. AND I feel like I’ll break her in half if I do!
– I can no longer sit up using my stomach muscles… I log roll off the bed and I’m pretty sure it looks similar to a walrus falling into the water.
What I Miss:
– Mobility. See above. Walking is fine so far… someone better tell me if/when I start to waddle!!!
– My belly button is a fighter and it’s not giving in.
– Still a negative on the stretch marks
– I’m big enough for people to warrant what I’d like to call “pregnant courtesy” where cars come to a mad halt to let you cross the street and strangers make it a point to open doors for you. It’s almost awkward and I’m not sure that I like it. Just normal “common courtesy” would be fine.
Highlights of the Week:
– working in the nursery! All the trim and crown moulding should be done in the next few days and then the room is READY to be decorated! Can’t wait for this part!
– listening to David talk about her… it’s the sweetest thing in the whole world and it just makes me smile.