Musings on the Weekly Photo(s):
– I look HUGE! I blame the loose shirt!
Marination Time: 26 weeks 6 days (Last week of the 2nd trimester!)
Weight Gain: yeah, I didn’t weight myself. Like I said, I’m afraid of the scale and why ruin my day seeing a number I really don’t want to see?? I have a doctor appointment next week so unfortunately I’ll be able to fill you in then.
Maternity Clothes: Actually really like my shirts from Old Navy so I’m set for spring 🙂 I can’t say that I’ve ever tried stuff on and checked for “growing room” before though.
Fruit of the Week/Size of Guppy: A head of lettuce! She starts to open her eyes again this week (can’t wait to see if they end up green like David’s or brown like mine!) and she has eyelashes now! She is about 14 inches long and weighs over 1.7 pounds! Her feet are about 2 inches long now!
Movement: I’m getting used to the high kicks, but I still think it’s crazy that she’s occupying just about everything up to my ribs at this point!
Cravings: Still with the sauerkraut, I know. A little secret, David and I went to SAMs yesterday and we grabbed pizza for lunch while we were there. Well, they had packets of sauerkraut by the ketchup and mustard packets so I took one. I made a Ruben last night for dinner after bible study and it. was. awesome.
– She’s hurting me. I may have to start working standing up somehow because sitting is starting to really be miserable. Please don’t tell me what I already know… Just wait, it’ll get worse.
– I’ve been getting a weird cramp in the lower bump area when I work out. Basically feels like the cramp you would typically get in your side. I’m pretty sure I’m not overdoing it so I’m not really worried, but I’ll ask the Dr. about it when I go next Thursday.
– I’ve actually started hitting things with my stomach… like doorframes. I guess my brain hasn’t caught up with the size of the bump yet and I underestimate my space requirements.
What I Miss:
– being pain free 🙂
– My belly button is still in, but I’m starting to think it may not be able to “pop” out. We shall see.
– Still a negative on the stretch marks
– The seatbelt has started to automatically put itself under my belly. I’m protruding out past the seatbelt… and I have nothing further to say about that.
– My glucose test came back fine so I don’t have Gestational Diabetes. To that I say, yay for not having an abnormally large diabetes baby, or diabetes!
– My bloodwork did come back with low iron… I was a 9.4 and I think she said they want it over 14. So, I have to add an iron supplement to my routine. Not surprised, my mom and I have always had borderline low iron (sometimes we can’t give blood) and she had to take supplements during her pregnancies so like mother, like daughter.
Highlights of the Week:
– David got kicked in the face, multiple times. Funny how it’s so cute right now, but I doubt he’d be happy about that at any other time in her life.
– Rounding out the 2nd trimester.