Musings on the Weekly Photo(s):
– It just keeps growing and growing and growing… and growing
Marination Time: 31 weeks 5 days (no clue why but 32 weeks seems like some sort of milestone… I like even numbers, I dunno)
Fruit of the Week/Size of Guppy: A pineapple! I told David and his response was, “ouch!… you know cause it’s pokey” Thanks, hun. Anyways, she’s about 16.5 inches long now and about 3.5 pounds. We have a growth ultrasound next week so I’ll have official estimates then 🙂 Her lungs started producing surfactants this week so if she were born today she could breathe on her own. Her skin is becoming more pink and less red (thanks fat!) and her eyes are dilating and contracting in response to light now.
Name: I’ll throw her monogram out there this week… KBD. My sister is really getting angry about not telling the name on here yet so I’ll work on blogging about it soon.
Movement: She may be getting cramped, but she’s still going crazy. David got kicked in the face again this morning while he was saying goodbye to her. Funny thing about her being sideways (transverse)… I feel like a human pinball machine. It’s like she pushes off one side with her feet and slams into the other side with her head/arms and vice versa. My whole belly moves side to side while she does this. It’s cute… not really.
Cravings: Nothing specific this week. I’m just hungry all the time right now… and if it’s not healthy, I want it! Still waiting for the whole my stomach is too squished to eat anything point, but my stomach felt more squished back in the earlier weeks than it does now that’s for sure.
– Stupid feet… it feels like the soles of both feet are bruised. I’m about to go buy some Crocs and I don’t care if they’re ugly.
What I Miss:
– Not getting exhausted doing stuff that used to be (should be) so easy. We had our maternity pictures last week and I couldn’t believe how tired I was afterwards. At one point during the shoot, we walked through a field of pretty tall grass (think knee at a 90 degree angle type of step) and on the drive home my abs felt like I had done a complete workout. So lame.
Belly Button: same, no additional poppage.
Stretch Marks: None yet. I told David the other night that this was “crunch time” and I was not kidding. I may have started putting my oil on multiple times before bed because I feel like my clothes are stealing the oil before it can fully absorb into my skin. Have I have jumped off the pregnancy deep end? Yes, probably.
Labor Signs: Nada. 5 more weeks until we’re full term, baby girl… don’t get too comfy in there.
– One positive about the whole transverse baby thing is that she’s not crowding my lungs, making me run to the bathroom every 5 seconds or waddle. I’m totally comfortable (as comfortable as I can be) right now and don’t mind a bit if she stays like this as long as she knows she MUST turn, head down, prior to delivery.
– I finished up all the thank you cards from my first shower probably 2 days after the shower, but have I sent them yet? No. Why not? Because I need stamps and I CAN’T for the life of me remember to pick them up! I’m getting them TODAY!
Highlights of the Week:
– maternity pictures… can’t wait to see them!