Musings on the Weekly Photo(s):
– My shirt, yeah it’s a DRESS on normal people. At least it’s a size small… I take what little triumphs I can get at this point.
– Oh and in case you can’t tell, I’m pretty swollen today. Hence the crease in between what should be my foot and ankle. Not cute.
Fruit of the Week/Size of Guppy: A coconut! She’s about 18.5 inches and 6 pounds now and she’ll keep gaining about a half ounce to an ounce a day. Her kidneys, liver, circulatory and immune systems are good to go at this point and the only organ still left to fully mature is the lungs.
Movement: Still waiting for the part where the movements slow down because there’s no room. She seems to be having a party in there most of the time.
Honestly though, aside from when she’s playing the xylophone with my ribs it’s really fun to see her squirming around in there so I don’t mind the parties 🙂
– I’m pretty dang emotional/hormonal right now. Monday I was crying (at work, at home, in the car…), Tuesday I was in a really bad mood and everything irritated me (lucky for David he wasn’t home), and today I guess I’m “normal” so I can see these next weeks being a really interesting roller coaster of emotions 🙂
What I Miss:
– EVERYTHING non-pregnancy related. I think this week I’ve finally hit the wall and decided I’m done being pregnant.
Belly Button: It repopped… I have a confused belly button. I should just take a picture of it… I probably won’t.
Stretch Marks: Same.
Labor Signs: Pretty much the same… the last few days I’ve been having cramps (stomach and back) so hopefully there’s some progress going on.
– I’ve been taking pre-natal vitamins since last April or May, so for about a year now. They’re gummy vitamins which was great for morning sickness, but I’m at the point now where the thought of eating them make me cringe. I might have to switch it up for the last few weeks.
– I was on the phone with a guy from work and he actually said to me,”let us know when you’re dilating.” I truly hope he just used the wrong word and just meant let us know when she gets here or something because I’m pretty positive I won’t be calling him to keep him updated on my dilation status.
– my hospital bag is not packed. I have a list of things I plan to put in it, but that’s about it. I don’t really understand the rush… I may be new at this, but I don’t see labor and delivery happening in 5 minutes like the movies. I plan on hanging out at home for a long time before actually going to the hospital so I’m just not worried about this part. It probably also helps that we live about 5 minutes from the hospital so if we forget something it’ll be easy to go get it.
– I did pre-register at the hospital this week so they’ll be ready for me 🙂
– my brain is already kind of on maternity leave as far as work is concerned. Every time my phone rings or I get an e-mail I just think, “don’t ask me for something or ask me to do something… I’m about to have a baby!”
Highlights of the Week:
– My baby shower at work on Monday. I seriously work with some of the sweetest people ever!
– Chiropractor! I went to a new one yesterday because our insurance changed and I love her. She is older and was really knowledgeable about pregnancy and what needed to be done so I’ll be going at least once a week until she gets here.
– hitting the 9 month mark