Musings on the Weekly Photo(s):
– just ignore the outfit in the 27 week picture… I had to go help with the children’s program at my bible study and I was just thinking comfort… and find something long enough to cover my butt.
– 28 weeks… Kennedy learned how to draw people. So we draw ALL the people. She drew me up there too, but I’m covering it up. She has a very well placed circle in the middle of my stick body and she said, “and here is mommy’s big belly”
Marination Time: 28 weeks
Fruit of the Week/Size of #3:
This week she is the size of an eggplant (1.5-2.5 lbs and 13.6-14.8 inches)
Movement: Yep. She finally kicked Kennedy this week and the look on her face was priceless. We talk about the baby all the time, but seeing her move made it that much more real for her I think. Now she’s getting impatient and she wants this baby out now…
– Not really. More sugar than before, but I think it’s for the quick energy because I’m getting tired.
– I want to cut off my legs most nights between the cramps and the RLS. We shot a wedding last weekend and I woke up in the middle of the night and both legs were cramped down through my toes. It was the toe version of that scene in Scary Movie with the “take my strong hand” guy. I had to drag myself to the bathroom and fill up the tub to put my legs in so they would relax.
– My stomach is getting itchy sometimes. I haven’t been good about putting much of anything on my stomach this time around. I got the Burt’s Bees Belly Butter or whatever it’s called, but I just use it randomly.
– My ankles are getting a little bit swollen at the end of the day sometimes.
Labor Signs: nothing just the regular BH contractions
What I Miss:
– Clothes. I’m pretty anti maternity clothes except for pants and I try to just use my regular clothes and then buy some stuff in bigger sizes for the most part. I’m at the point now though that my regular size stuff is getting too short/small. It’s just a much easier process to get dressed when you’re not trying to cover up a basketball.
– I’m almost done with the girl’s room so I can finally start thinking about the nursery.
– I’m in the 3rd trimester this week so my appointments are every 2 weeks now. It’s funny how inconvenient I feel like these appointments are this time around because I remember being so excited for them when I was pregnant with Kennedy. One of the midwives really annoys me though so that’s probably part of it.