Kennedy turned 4 at the end of May and I haven’t done an update on her in a while. It’s actually hard for me to find pictures of just Kennedy now because Reese is in all of them, but I found a few.
– She is a little sponge. Always ready to learn new things. She’s dying to read so we’re working on that. She can sound out simple words and spell them if I sound it out to her. She can write most of the alphabet, but some letters are backwards.
– She loves to draw, color, paint, do crafts… anything creative. She stays in the lines really well and has figured out how to make colors by mixing the primaries and make lighter or darker shades with white and black.
-She gets little obsessions with things and for a while it’s been volcanoes. She initially called lava “ma-laba” because she was confusing magma and lava and it was super cute, but she’s got that figured out now. We’ve taken her to Disney Springs twice now and the Rainforest Cafe there looks like a volcano and she is simultaneously terrified of it and in love with it.
– She wants to be the boss and she doesn’t like it when things don’t go her way. If I had a nickel for every time I’ve heard “I can’t wait until I’m the mommy”
– She was rocking some major attitude during the downhill side of 3 and beginning part of 4 and it was rough. There was a constant need for her to have the last word no matter what I said or anyone else for that matter. We actually had to remove the word “well” from her vocabulary. She wasn’t allowed to say it anymore. Luckily, she seems to be on the other side of that… for now.
– Speaking of attitudes. I found out from a really bad week of totally out of character meltdowns that she has a weird reaction when she takes zyrtec. Literally Dr. Jeckyll and Mr. Hyde. She can’t sleep and gets totally irrational.
– She is over the top in love with Holland. I was sure that Reese would be the one who wanted to help with everything and take care of her, but Kennedy has really surprised me. She loves to try and figure out what she needs or how to help her, holds her all the time, and really just enjoys spending time with her.
– She has a pretty good understanding now of her age difference with Reese and Holland and she’s stepping into that oldest sister role really well. She loves to say, “because I’m 4 and she’s 2.”
– She is very cautious about things until she is sure she can both master it and stay safe. Sometimes it’s very hard to get her to try something because she is immediately afraid, but in the next instance she’s acting totally fearless because it’s something she’s done before.
– She LOVES to be outside. She wants to be out there catching frogs and lizards, climbing trees, and exploring our backyard all day long. She loves to dig in the dirt and we have a huge hole in our backyard from it.
– She takes a ballet class and a gymnastics class and she loves them both.
– she drives us crazy, makes us laugh, and I don’t know where we’d be without her. Love you to the moon, Kennedy Brooke ❤