Baby girl you’re already almost 3 months as I type this, but here’s what I don’t want to forget about your first month.
- You were 7 pounds 4 oz at birth, 6 pounds 12 oz when we left the hospital, and 8 pounds 15 ounces when we went for your 1 month check up at 5 weeks.
- You had the worst problem with hiccups. You got them all day long. They didn’t bother you, but they kept waking you up so trying to figure out how to get you to sleep without getting hiccups was our main goal.
- We tried all the things, but our winning combo the first month was to swaddle you and put you in the bouncer. We put the bouncer in the pack and play so it was up higher and I didn’t have to bend over to pick you up at night. The key to the hiccups was also laying you just slightly on your side and not straight on your back.
- Once we figured out the positioning you started sleeping really well for a newborn and only woke up 1 or 2 times a night.
- You actually rolled over accidentally a few times one day. You were like 3 weeks old, but you haven’t done it since.
I think that’s it. Sleep. Eat. Poop about sums up the first month anyways.
Happy 1 month! I love you, Holland!