So I’m a little behind seeing that she’ll be 2 weeks tomorrow, but I only plan to do this for the first week anyways.
We FINALLY got to leave the hospital around 3pm Monday… We had to be tortured for the full 48 hours. We got her in the car seat and drove home in the rain. When we got home my mom and sister were there with the dogs waiting for us. We introduced her to the fur babies and they sniffed her and that was that.
The rest of the week went like this:
-My mom and all her awesomeness had the house looking perfect! (She mopped and did laundry and even did random stuff like washed the rugs in the bathrooms. Add cooking huge meals every night and making breakfast and lunch for us every day and she was our nanny/maid/chef and we love her for it <;3)
-We took her to Target to teach her how to shop and while we were there it started pouring so we were stuck. I had to change a SUPER dirty diaper in the fitting rooms and then she was hungry AGAIN (the girl can eat) so I fed her while we walked around waiting for the rain to stop.
– David became a diaper change extraordinaire, with a few hiccups along the way.
The first time she pooped was at the hospital in the middle of the night and when he opened her diaper up all he could say was, “help!”
Another time she just completely filled up the diaper and he opened it before she was done. All I hear from the other room is, “oh man, it’s still coming out” and when I got in there he had taken a clean diaper and stuck that under her and called it the “sacrificial diaper”
– we quickly realized that she HATES being on her back. Not the greatest when that’s how she’s supposed to sleep. We’ve tried the bouncer, swing, pack and play, crib, swaddled and not swaddled and none of them work. She sleeps great on my chest and while I agree with some forms of the cry it out method I’m not implementing that quite yet on my newborn so guess where she’s sleeping.
– she had her first doctor appointment on Wednesday and was already back at 7 pounds 10 ounces. She was 7 pounds 7 ounces when we left the hospital.
– She eats like a champ right about every 2 hours and loves to cluster feed. I’m not so much a fan of that. Breast feeding otherwise is going great and I have no complaints.
– on Friday we did her first newborn shoot. I’ve got a few more planned and I’ll post pictures of them soon 🙂
Life with a newborn… Totally crazy and I love it 🙂